You can be up and running in 2-hours
PlascoTrac schools report 50-80% reduction in tardies on average
PlascoTrac is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use for attendance clerks, security guards, hall monitors etc. The concept of PlascoTrac is quite simple, but the results for schools are remarkable. At the base level, PlascoTrac replaces the handwritten tardy passes and detention slips and gives administrators an accurate method of logging all student activities and infractions. This means:
- No more long lines at the attendance office
- No more paper trail
- No more inaccurate/inaccessible log-books
In addition, PlascoTrac helps administrators on the back-end by offering an efficient means of overseeing compliance of disciplinary actions such as detentions, ISS, and Saturday School. Administrators will no longer need to track down habitual offenders and shuffle through piles of paperwork to know which students require extra intervention.
To illustrate how simple and efficient PlascoTrac is, let’s use the following example:
- Morning tardy bell rings
- All students who have arrived late to school are to report to a PlascoTrac station.
- The clerk simply scans a bar code on the student’s ID card or pulls up the students record by name or ID #
- The student’s record pops up and the clerk can assign the correct TRAC code – excused, unexcused, etc.
- Within seconds, students with a valid excuse receive a hall pass and proceed to their first period class
- Students who are unexcused are automatically assigned a consequence and receive a tardy pass with instructions as to how to comply with the consequence
- As soon as the last student is processed, the clerk simply prints out a summary report that lists all the tardy students
- During afternoon detention, the detention monitor will use PlascoTrac again to scan student’s in as they show up to serve their detention. Anyone who doesn’t show up for an assigned detention will be flagged and included on a report that go to the administrators for intervention.
It really is that simple. We also have the capability to exchange data with your existing student management software (like Powerschool by Pearson or similar). We will work with your IT department to make sure your system runs as efficiently as possible.
There are countless other features, easy to implement modules, and case examples as to how schools use PlascoTrac. Because most apples aren't bad ones, we have a number of features that will help schools reinforce positive behavior. Below are some examples where PlascoTrac may also be used for non-discipline related tracking.
Positive Behavior Reinforcement
Use PlascoTrac to help you with your PBIS initiatives. Many schools set up PlascoTrac to help reinforce positive behavior by assigning merit points for good behavior and rewarding students with special incentives like pizza parties or dress-down days.
Student Verification On & Off Campus
PlascoTrac may be used by school resource officers (SRO) and truancy officers to locate student information quickly. PlascoTrac will provide detailed information such as the student’s schedule, guardian information, or vehicle information.
Parking Lot Tracking
Security Officers may use PlascoTrac to pull up vehicle information by tag or VIN number to quickly identify the owner of a car in the parking lot.
Events & Special Program attendance tracking
Use PlascoTrac to create an accurate log of attendees as they enter or exit an event or school activity. Better manage your liability by using PlascoTrac at after-school programs, field trips, school dances or sporting events.